Author Topic: warranty question  (Read 5231 times)

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
Re: warranty question
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2017, 09:38:51 AM »
Yeah, but actual evidence seems to be worth about at least 50 exclamation marks (...or tweets...sad.)
Nicely done Joe.  :thumbs:

I said I didn't remember ever getting a card, but a certificate/letter.   Sometimes my memory isn't all that good.  But since we are all into evidence and such, I wasted time going through my files and pulled the first extended warranty and it is attached.  As everyone can see, there is no ID card.   Not that it matters, because (like I originally said) it is registered to the VIN, so it is not needed.  The letter/certificate is just proof that the coverage was done, it was on the correct bike, and you got something for the dollars you just spent.

Then I dug through the pile and found the SECOND extended warranty in late 2015, and that one DID include an ID card on the letter.  This also explains why my memory was fuzzy on that part, because it is both true and false that ID cards were issued.  So everyone is correct, it just depends on when Kawasaki changed what they were sending.

:)
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2017, 10:07:51 AM »
.... So everyone is correct....,
Cool!
 :grouphug:

I think I'll celebrate by going out and driving with my high beams on in the daytime.

Offline jwh20

« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2017, 10:27:47 AM »
Cool!

I think I'll celebrate by going out and driving with my high beams on in the daytime.

You know that is actually a good idea.  I recently saw a study comparing the effectiveness of aftermarket headlight modulators with  just using high-beams during the day and they were both similarly effective in reducing crashes.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2017, 11:27:10 AM »
Cool!

Will you be lane splitting as well?
http://youtu.be/Lr__L3kWsTo

Offline jwh20

« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2017, 12:48:27 PM »

It's not legal here in Indiana where I drive most often.  I did live in So. Calif. for about 6 years in the early 1980's and I often split lanes.  At that time there was no law AGAINST it there and it was widely practiced.  I never had any issues but then I wasn't one of those guys who went ripping though traffic at 100+ mph as some do.  Recently the Calif. legislature passed a law that asked the Calif. Highway Patrol to issue regulations for lane splitting and so now there is actually a rule and, done in accordance with those rules, is legal.

At this point I don't believe it's specifically legal in any other state and may be specifically illegal in most of them.

It's a big time saver and a good safety practice as a primary car/motorcycle accident scenario is the bike getting rear-ended by the inattentive driver in traffic.  Splitting gets you out of the way as cars come up on the back of a slowdown.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2017, 02:49:39 PM »
Cool!

Um, that was in reference to the ID card, not blinding people with high beams...
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2017, 12:05:54 AM »
Um, that was in reference to the ID card, not blinding people with high beams...
Oh,......darn.

...ahhh..no. I don't want someone shoving a tool into my tool, or backing over it.

You know that is actually a good idea.  I recently saw a study comparing the effectiveness of aftermarket headlight modulators with  just using high-beams during the day and they were both similarly effective in reducing crashes.
:stirpot:  Stir faster,..max' didn't bite. :(

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2017, 08:08:56 AM »
Looked back through my paperwork and I did have a warranty card.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline kzz1king

« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2017, 09:44:03 AM »
A North Dakota HP gave me a warning for using a modulator last year. He said flashing lights were only for emergency vehicles. I neglected to tell him stopping me for a modulator was not an emergency.

2010 CONCOURS
1974 Z-1

Offline RBX QB

« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2017, 09:59:55 AM »
A North Dakota HP gave me a warning for using a modulator last year. He said flashing lights were only for emergency vehicles. I neglected to tell him stopping me for a modulator was not an emergency.

Too bad he hadn't read the ND laws allowing it... "Modulating headlight permitted per Code of Federal Regulations, Title 49, 571.108"

Good resource if anyone needs it... http://www.americanmotorcyclist.com/Rights/State-Laws-Database
2011 Concours 14 ABS
2̶0̶0̶6̶ ̶D̶u̶c̶a̶t̶i̶ ̶M̶o̶n̶s̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶S̶2̶R̶D̶  SOLD