Author Topic: Michelin PR3 tire chunking.....  (Read 17828 times)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Re: Michelin PR3 tire chunking.....
« Reply #40 on: June 28, 2011, 05:51:03 AM »
Yep
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline cRAsH

« Reply #41 on: June 28, 2011, 09:06:51 AM »
Cool, everyone bitching about loss of the center glovebox have a new place to stuff their stuff.   ;D

:yikes:

rokhaul is a lying scam artist

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
« Reply #42 on: June 28, 2011, 11:06:50 AM »
Not I, why do you ask?

I read the reply by Sofa King and I thought I remembered that you were a lawyer.  My mistake.
Keeping the economy going, one tank of fuel and two tires at a time.

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #43 on: June 28, 2011, 11:21:38 AM »
I was cruising down the road today behind a sport tourer and his Michelin tires started disintegrating and shooting hot rubber chunks at me
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #44 on: June 28, 2011, 11:25:51 AM »
I was cruising down the road today behind a sport tourer and his Michelin tires started disintegrating and shooting hot rubber chunks at me

Was it like this?  :hitfan:

:rotflmao:

Offline Conrad

« Reply #45 on: June 28, 2011, 11:45:52 AM »
I read the reply by Sofa King and I thought I remembered that you were a lawyer.  My mistake.

No problem Jeremy. If I had to guess I'd say that the Sofa King on the FZ6 forum is Sofa King from this forum.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Sofa King

« Reply #46 on: June 28, 2011, 03:14:51 PM »
No problem Jeremy. If I had to guess I'd say that the Sofa King on the FZ6 forum is Sofa King from this forum.
Yeah, was me.

Offline Tactical_Mik

• Lamh laidir an Uachtar
« Reply #47 on: June 28, 2011, 04:40:50 PM »
Could have been caused by a number of things.  Debris, improper inflation, faulty manufacturing process, etc. etc. etc. 

My friend has about 7K on his pr3s and they have been performing very well for him.  They feather out quite a bit, probably due to the amount of tread cuts.  But he says he hasn't had any handling or very unusual wear issues. 

If the posting was correct and he didn't hit some debris, I would guess that it was a manufacturing issue.  Thousands and thousands of these tires have probably been sold and worn through already so I would have no reservations about putting them on my bike.
T.S.R.

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
« Reply #48 on: June 28, 2011, 07:47:43 PM »
Yeah, was me.

I remembered your user name from the previous forum, but hadn't seen any posts from you over here yet.  My wife keeps bugging me about my memory, maybe I should get checked out.  ;)
Keeping the economy going, one tank of fuel and two tires at a time.

Offline manowarwi

• Midwest Sport Riders
« Reply #49 on: June 28, 2011, 08:04:59 PM »
I remembered your user name from the previous forum, but hadn't seen any posts from you over here yet.  My wife keeps bugging me about my memory, maybe I should get checked out.  ;)

That's strange, usually the stuff my wife bugs me about is the only stuff I forget about. 
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly

2014 Triumph Tiger Explorer XC
2008 Concours - Gone but not forgotten

Offline mikeboileau

• Arena
  • It ain't easy bein cheesy....
« Reply #50 on: June 29, 2011, 08:57:38 AM »
Could have been caused by a number of things.  Debris, improper inflation, faulty manufacturing process, etc. etc. etc. 

My friend has about 7K on his pr3s and they have been performing very well for him.  They feather out quite a bit, probably due to the amount of tread cuts.  But he says he hasn't had any handling or very unusual wear issues. 

If the posting was correct and he didn't hit some debris, I would guess that it was a manufacturing issue.  Thousands and thousands of these tires have probably been sold and worn through already so I would have no reservations about putting them on my bike.

He ran over something.

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #51 on: June 30, 2011, 07:55:23 AM »
Tire got hot from tire pressure being too low, too much weight, or both.  Marks are consistant.

But....   it has to be a Michelin problem because I read it on the internet
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine