Author Topic: Rostra install foiled (temporarily?)- California C14 sold in Texas! Help!  (Read 10498 times)

Offline Yankee270

Hey Brian.  The resume/accel is not working while I'm riding after I set a speed. I've test rode the bike probably 5 times and is he same thing everytime. 

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
If you are certain both switches function properly then I would put the actuator into diagnostic mode and check that the actuator itself is getting the signal from both switches (resume and accel). If it is then the only thing I can think of would be a defective actuator. I have not heard of anyone having that problem before but I guess it could happen.

Brian

Hey Brian.  The resume/accel is not working while I'm riding after I set a speed. I've test rode the bike probably 5 times and is he same thing everytime.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline Yankee270

I think it must be the actuator also.  Don't know what else it could be.  :(

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
Well by now you may be ready to rip it out, but before you do, double check the dip switches especially #12 it should be OFF.
Then do what Brian suggests and redo the diagnostic mode, if you are then still perplexed call Rostra as they are helpful.
The one time I didn't get an answer they called me back in 15 minutes just from my caller id since I didn't leave a message.

Do the green LEDs under the switches come on when you turn on the ignition? Does the center green LED light up when you do get it to work?

I just returned from Chicago and the Rostra worked great whenever I used it, even when I adjusted it up and down again and again for the monotonous, all too frequent construction zones.

Good Luck.