Author Topic: C14 Heli Bars 1.75 installation  (Read 2359 times)

Offline okxd45

C14 Heli Bars 1.75 installation
« on: August 27, 2011, 11:58:15 AM »
Pretty much done with the installation.  It seems that the threaded part is for the line block on the left/clutch side.  The only thing I can't get is the block screwd back down on the right/brake side.  I loosened the banjo line and rotated to maximize the length, but it till needs about an 1/8th to a 1/4th inch of slack.  Would it be a big deal to just not screw it down and maybe neatly zip tie it somewhere else? Here are two pics to illustrate.

Jeff
"Look like the innocent flower, but be the serpent under 't." Macbeth Quote (Act I, Scene V).
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves." (Matthew 10:16 NIV)

Offline SimonSaysDie

Re: C14 Heli Bars 1.75 installation
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2011, 12:49:11 PM »
Do you have the correct risers?  They're different for ABS and non-ABS bikes.  On the ABS bikes, you move the block up and it screws onto the riser.

Offline okxd45

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2011, 01:01:41 PM »
It's Non-ABS.  I bought them used and just  the risers and 6 bolts came.
Jeff
"Look like the innocent flower, but be the serpent under 't." Macbeth Quote (Act I, Scene V).
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves." (Matthew 10:16 NIV)

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2011, 06:49:08 AM »
Pretty much done with the installation.  It seems that the threaded part is for the line block on the left/clutch side.  The only thing I can't get is the block screwd back down on the right/brake side.  I loosened the banjo line and rotated to maximize the length, but it till needs about an 1/8th to a 1/4th inch of slack.  Would it be a big deal to just not screw it down and maybe neatly zip tie it somewhere else?

Like SimonSaysDie said, there might be differences for ABS vs. non-ABS.  Mine bolted up quickly, no problem.  From other pictures I have seen from various mods on the net, people have, at times, left the banjos floating.  I think it would probably be "OK".
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline okxd45

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2011, 10:00:03 AM »
Yeah the floating idea is not my favorite, but not sure what else i can do.........other than take the right riser off and have it tapped to match the left one.
Jeff

Offline SimonSaysDie

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2011, 10:15:29 AM »
I have the Heli's on an ABS and both the left and right are tapped so that the block can be screwed on to them.  When you buy them new, the Non-ABS version comes with a relocation bracket for the right side brake line junction block.  If you bought them used they probably didn't give you the bracket.

Offline okxd45

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2011, 10:29:39 AM »
Yeah only one was tapped.  Bought them from another forum member.  Yeah might see if I can tap it when i go to guard duty.  Is there anything tricky that i need to know about tapping aluminum?
Jeff

Offline SimonSaysDie

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2011, 10:33:12 AM »
Not sure if you saw it, but I edited my post.  When you buy them new, the Non-ABS version comes with a relocation bracket for the right side brake line junction block.  Whoever you got them from probably forgot to give it to you.

Offline okxd45

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2011, 10:37:19 AM »
Not sure if you saw it, but I edited my post.  When you buy them new, the Non-ABS version comes with a relocation bracket for the right side brake line junction block.  Whoever you got them from probably forgot to give it to you.

That would explain it I guess......wonder if I can get one of those brackets from the heli-bar folks?  I guess I'll give them a call on Monday.  I appreciate your help!
Jeff

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2011, 11:25:57 AM »
Yeah only one was tapped.  Bought them from another forum member.

Yep- sounds like you got the non-ABS ones.

Yeah might see if I can tap it when i go to guard duty.  Is there anything tricky that i need to know about tapping aluminum?

Yes, aluminum is soft!  ;)
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc