Author Topic: ERC report  (Read 1088 times)

Offline Awaz

• Arena
ERC report
« on: June 03, 2012, 10:02:15 PM »
Just finished the ERC this Saturday. I was quite nervous to begin with. I never practiced any u-turns or cone weave or any of that on my C14. I spent the previous night putting duct tape (lots of it!!) on the lower fairings anticipating a drop or two. Don't know if they will do much of anything, but thought it may! lol ! There were 7 of us - 5 Harley Davidsons, 1 Kawasaki valcan, my C14. One of the instructors drove a Triumph Bonneville and the other a Honda C51. Most of the HDs were either Ultra glide, street glide or road king, with one sporty. The instructor on the Honda was teasing the Harley guys and they made fun of my duct tape. I told em, they don't know that duct tape is the new chrome! lol ! Of course, the duct tape did not hold - as soon as the engine heat up, they started to come off - so much for my idiotic idea ! lol ! I peeled them off and just decided to accept whatever happens.
Started with a few laps around the parking lot where we had the course. And then we did quite a few cone weaves. I handled a whole lot better than I thought. We did figure 8 U turns - lots of em. I did have to put my foot down once when I tried a little too tight of a U-turn. Stopping with only left down after engaging first gear; 135 degree corners entering the corner at certain speed; lots of S turns; corner and stop. All kinds of such things ! And I was proud that I did not have a bit of trouble on any! Scrapped my pegs one too many times on the 'S'. Bad part was that I get stuck behind the last Harley even if I start at the front on those 'S' courses they laid out. Only one guy dropped his ultra on a corner and stop. All in all, it was tons of fun and came back with lot of confidence of slow speed maneuver and tricks.
2016 Ducati Scrambler
2008 C14

Offline ManWorkinghere

• 2001 Kawasaki Concours ZG1000A
Re: ERC report
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2012, 07:18:09 AM »
Nice report and congrats to you for taking ERC !
after 2012 Rallybefore 2012 RallyCOG#9292:-)

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2012, 07:40:52 AM »
Good stuff...

and a reminder I'm long overdue to attend a refresh Advanced MSF class I've been putting off
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline roger dodger

• Keep it between the ditches
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2012, 08:02:04 AM »
Don't forget to ask your insurance co for a discount. Thanks to COG and the ERC certificate, I get 5-10% off my motorcycle ins w/ Dairyland.
'03 FJR
'02 C10 (mia)
'81 KZ1000