Author Topic: What did you do to your Concours today?  (Read 889102 times)

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
Re: What did you do to your Concours today?
« Reply #2100 on: April 23, 2016, 07:25:45 AM »
Yes we have no bananas today...
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #2101 on: April 23, 2016, 07:29:29 AM »
Let me introduce you to my lil friend...

:rotflmao: banana clip...love it

Offline zarticus

• Arena
« Reply #2102 on: April 23, 2016, 08:11:20 AM »
I made the last payment on my bike today.  4 year loan paid in 20 months!
Congrats Nicole, Paid mine off last month 3 years early. Feels great doesn't it  :chugbeer:
2012 Kawasaki Concours 14 -  Candy Arabian Red
2014 Kawasaki Vaquero - Candy Burnt Orange
1986 Honda V65 Magna - Black
1984 Honda V65 Magna - Black

sailor_chic

« Reply #2103 on: April 23, 2016, 09:14:11 AM »
Congrats Nicole, Paid mine off last month 3 years early. Feels great doesn't it  :chugbeer:

Absolutely wonderful feeling.  Now I can start riding it without worrying about wearing it out before it's paid for.

sailor_chic

« Reply #2104 on: April 24, 2016, 09:58:46 AM »
I designed and fabricated a horn mounting bracket that simply bolts in place of the stock horn, and made a custom wiring harness that makes this upgrade a plug and play farkle.  Installation is i easy! The volume of the horns and the simplicity of installation are the rewards of the large amount of time invested in fabrication.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #2105 on: April 24, 2016, 10:20:27 AM »
Are you going to put all of those on your bike?  :)

sailor_chic

« Reply #2106 on: April 24, 2016, 11:01:31 AM »
Lol, no Gary. I am in the process of making 10 sets.  Possibly more if the demand is there.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #2107 on: April 24, 2016, 11:25:05 AM »
Lol, no Gary. I am in the process of making 10 sets.  Possibly more if the demand is there.

business_chic!
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

sailor_chic

« Reply #2108 on: April 24, 2016, 04:33:18 PM »

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #2109 on: April 24, 2016, 06:29:05 PM »
I thought that was a lot of horns..
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Conniesaki

« Reply #2110 on: April 24, 2016, 07:01:12 PM »
I thought that was a lot of horns..

That has got to be some sort of sexual harassment type of comment.

Offline Eupher

• Arena
  • U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #2111 on: April 24, 2016, 07:35:37 PM »
Make sure to lower the front the correspondingly same amount (approx 1").  Otherwise, handing will not be correct.  It is probably not critical, but you also have to realize that lowering the rear 1" only lowers your foot placement 1/2".  So why not get the full value of the lowering AND best handling too?!

Waiting on the maintenance DVDs. I want to see how much of the fairing I need to remove to access the forks. Seems rather daunting just looking at it. And then there's the shortened sidestand installation.

Sigh. Lately putting in 65-hour work weeks. Not a lot of time for farkling.
2012 C14 Arabian Candy Red
2003 Honda 919
1981 Suzuki 650E
1965 Honda S90

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #2112 on: April 24, 2016, 07:41:50 PM »
No fairing removal required to lower the front.
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #2113 on: April 24, 2016, 08:12:37 PM »
I didn't take any fairings off to remove the forks, that I recall.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline O.C.

« Reply #2114 on: April 25, 2016, 01:36:45 AM »
I designed and fabricated a horn mounting bracket that simply bolts in place of the stock horn, and made a custom wiring harness that makes this upgrade a plug and play farkle.  Installation is i easy! The volume of the horns and the simplicity of installation are the rewards of the large amount of time invested in fabrication.

Fitted these exact horns to my GTR they sound great,, I did manage to attach them to the OEM horn Bracket, your method looks great  :) 
CARPE DIEM

KAWASAKI VERSYS 650

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #2115 on: April 25, 2016, 03:53:24 AM »

How much, Nicole?

Offline Conrad

« Reply #2116 on: April 25, 2016, 05:00:59 AM »
How much, Nicole?

+1 but just for the bracket? I already have the other stuff.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #2117 on: April 25, 2016, 05:17:02 AM »
How about just one horn and half the bracket?  ;D

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #2118 on: April 25, 2016, 05:48:43 AM »
Waiting on the maintenance DVDs. I want to see how much of the fairing I need to remove to access the forks. Seems rather daunting just looking at it. And then there's the shortened sidestand installation.

No fairing removal required.  If I recall, the total adjustment took me about 5 minutes or so.  But remember, you MUST have handlebar risers installed or you can't raise the tubes anywhere near enough.  And yes, you will need an adjustable side-stand also.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #2119 on: April 25, 2016, 05:50:05 AM »
How about just one horn and half the bracket?  ;D

Or one quarter bracket and 1/5th of a harness with no horn but also tomato sauce on the side....