Author Topic: What did you do to your Concours today?  (Read 889665 times)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Re: What did you do to your Concours today?
« Reply #1600 on: October 30, 2015, 10:41:07 AM »
And here I thought that it was a misspelling of MARS.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

sailor_chic

« Reply #1601 on: October 30, 2015, 11:41:47 AM »
But it sounds like a LEO would still need radar or lidar to check your speed. And if radar, a radar detector could still be useful. Am I missing something?

I suppose this is why my ticket says: approx 75 in 65. In CA., it appears that they have a bracket system. Meaning that I am in the 1-15 mph over the posted maximum limit. I certainly wish I could see this video that he has on me. Of course I dont want to watch it in front of Judge.
Just looked online, and it appears that my childish games are going to cost me $239 if I plead guilt. If I am eligible and request traffic school, the fine increases up to $309, plus the cost of the school. However, since I hold a commercial license, I dont believe that I am eligible for school. I guess I have to wait for whatever they are going to send me.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #1602 on: October 30, 2015, 11:54:19 AM »
Damn Nicole, you had to take the finger pointing, tongue lashing, lecture and an actionable ticket? I'm not sure I'd have have been so patient civil understanding nice if it was under confiscation speeds. Talk to the local DA out there and see if they'll drop it to a non-safety offence.

sailor_chic

« Reply #1603 on: October 30, 2015, 01:46:33 PM »
Gary, lol. Yes I received all of the above. The ticket was for speed and the lecture was for lane splitting at speed. Believe me, I'm not happy about the ticket. First in 18 yrs. I've been a really good girl! Or should I say I'm was really good about where I sped.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #1604 on: October 30, 2015, 03:17:59 PM »
But it sounds like a LEO would still need radar or lidar to check your speed.

Not really, because typically the videos ALSO include the speed of the police car, time, date, status of the lights on the vehicle, etc (I think some might include GPS position and other interesting info).   If the video shows a vehicle going faster than the police car's speed of X, you know they are going faster.  And if the police accelerate and catch up and then steady-off, BAM, they have a reading of the target's speed because it will be the same as the police car.  They don't need an exact speed to write a ticket.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #1605 on: October 30, 2015, 03:43:18 PM »
Not really, because typically the videos ALSO include the speed of the police car, time, date, status of the lights on the vehicle, etc (I think some might include GPS position and other interesting info).   If the video shows a vehicle going faster than the police car's speed of X, you know they are going faster.  And if the police accelerate and catch up and then steady-off, BAM, they have a reading of the target's speed because it will be the same as the police car.  They don't need an exact speed to write a ticket.

Interesting. This is the first I've heard of getting a ticket this way. I wonder if it has been challenged in court yet.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #1606 on: October 30, 2015, 05:15:30 PM »
Interesting. This is the first I've heard of getting a ticket this way. I wonder if it has been challenged in court yet.

Oh, I bet it has.  Remember, police were issuing speeding tickets even before radar guns.  And really, I would trust such video evidence FAR more than radar/lidar, because you can SEE what is happening.  With radar, it is just the word of the police officer that not only did they read the number correctly, but that it was really YOUR VEHICLE that it was reading and not some other nearby one, AND and they actually caught the same person they earlier clocked.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1607 on: October 30, 2015, 05:30:24 PM »

That's how I got one in Richmond about 10 years ago.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline DaddyFlip

« Reply #1608 on: October 30, 2015, 10:10:43 PM »
To reply on topic, I installed...

Heli pilot risers- very easy, nice upgrade.
Cox silver rad guard- left it loose on top
Grab on foam grip covers- my favorite bang for buck mod
TechSpec full set of 16 snake skin panels- good stuff
RAM clutch/brake clamp mount twin balls- for all my gadgets

On my 2011. Sorry no pics, you can't tell anything changed.
2001 ZR-7s "Ol' Red"
1995 FXDWG

sailor_chic

« Reply #1609 on: October 31, 2015, 07:33:24 AM »
To reply on topic, I installed...

Heli pilot risers- very easy, nice upgrade.
Cox silver rad guard- left it loose on top
Grab on foam grip covers- my favorite bang for buck mod
TechSpec full set of 16 snake skin panels- good stuff
RAM clutch/brake clamp mount twin balls- for all my gadgets

On my 2011. Sorry no pics, you can't tell anything changed.

Your gonna love the Grab-on grips. I have Grip puppies on mine and they are wonderful. However, the heated grip loose some of their effectiveness.

Offline lddave

« Reply #1610 on: October 31, 2015, 11:12:51 AM »
This week I installed Rivco hi way pegs on the Canyon Cages, Gen Mar 2 inch risers to replace the 1 1/2 risers. And finally my redneck engineered oil filter protector .
Dave
IBA 178

elp_jc

« Reply #1611 on: October 31, 2015, 02:37:40 PM »
This is the first I've heard of getting a ticket this way.
You've been lucky ;D. It's called 'pacing'. And it'd absolutely hold in court; it's the safest method for a ticket to hold, since there's no possible confusion. In fact, radar/lidar don't work on the same lane, so your radar most likely would never go off. There're 2 ways to get a pacing ticket, and I got one of each many years ago (both in a sports car), before learning both lessons: 1. always look at freeway ramps to make sure a cop is not entering. And 2. When a cop passes on the opposite direction with radar off, don't assume he won't make a U-turn to pace you :o. Hope this helps.

Offline rhhall

• Arena
  • I'm your huckleberry
« Reply #1612 on: November 01, 2015, 12:52:59 AM »
Installed my recently Steve in sunny Floridas flashed ECU. One word to describe it is LINEAR. It just pulls. What used to happen at 6k now happens at 3k but in a very predictable manner. You do lose some engine braking, but not a big deal to me. 6th pulls like 5th used to but at lower RPM. Big grin factor. :finger_fing11:
rick
08 Connie ABS(totaled)
14 Connie

Offline Conrad

« Reply #1613 on: November 01, 2015, 06:15:58 AM »
Installed my recently Steve in sunny Floridas flashed ECU. One word to describe it is LINEAR. It just pulls. What used to happen at 6k now happens at 3k but in a very predictable manner. You do lose some engine braking, but not a big deal to me. 6th pulls like 5th used to but at lower RPM. Big grin factor. :finger_fing11:

What's he charging for the flash?
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1614 on: November 01, 2015, 08:18:03 AM »
Go to any large city and you can get flashed for free.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #1615 on: November 01, 2015, 08:24:31 AM »
Go to any large city and you can get flashed for free.

Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1616 on: November 01, 2015, 08:28:29 AM »
That's not what I thinking of...

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #1617 on: November 01, 2015, 12:17:06 PM »
[The-Flash-key-art-16x9-1.jpg]

That is a really good series, I must say.  I know, I should ride more and watch less TV...

Yesterday, my Concours threw a "Transponder Low Battery" alert.  But then it went away with subsequent starts.  I thought I was on my second battery, but I can't find in my logs where I replaced it.  If not, that would be a 4.5 year life on the included battery, which seems unreasonably long.  I am pretty sure I forgot to log it.

Why did they use a stupidly thin 2025 instead of a more reasonable 2032?  I guess I should get a battery.

UPDATE:  "04-06-2013 Replaced battery in bike's active fob."

It was in my daily log, not in the bike log (and I just put in there now). 

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1618 on: November 01, 2015, 03:27:28 PM »
Ubiquitous - word of the day.

Offline Sgt Mac

« Reply #1619 on: November 01, 2015, 05:52:58 PM »
Covered it in sawdust while building a dining room set for the wife. Everything in the garage is covered in a pervasive and ubiquitous layer of it.