Author Topic: UPDATE to the UPDATE Second final drive leak in 12K on my 2010  (Read 12072 times)

Offline 4cedars

Re: UPDATE to the UPDATE Second final drive leak in 12K on my 2010
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2012, 04:54:39 PM »
6- 13

Just got a call from the service manager with good news. He said he nudged Kawasaki about this being the second problem with this final drive, and were they sure they wanted to replace the ring gear unit and have the mechanic go through the very involved process of getting clearances with new and old parts.

Their response was, after second thought, lets just replace the complete unit.

This is exactly what I was wanting in the first place, just a long way around to get it

John
IBA# 45862
MTF Tourers Assistant
2012 Tour of Honor State Sponsor (IL)
2013 Tour of Honor State Sponsor (IL and IN)

Offline daringdave

« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2012, 08:40:32 PM »
Sounds like this particular service manager was looking out for the customer (you), and not simply waiting for when it happened again.
2010 Neptune Blue

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2012, 04:06:24 AM »
This is what happens when you have a dealer going to bat for you.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Awaz

• Arena
« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2012, 01:32:14 PM »
I would like to know who this dealer is. Probably not anywhere near this corn field, but would like to know anyway.
2016 Ducati Scrambler
2008 C14

Offline wildnphx

• Arena
« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2012, 03:15:07 PM »
I would like to know who this dealer is. Probably not anywhere near this corn field, but would like to know anyway.

Yes would be good to know who the dealer is as good ones are few and far between and normally we only hear about the bad ones...

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2012, 07:54:09 PM »
Yes would be good to know who the dealer is as good ones are few and far between and normally we only hear about the bad ones...

there are "good ones"
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline 4cedars

« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2012, 03:07:39 PM »
The dealer is Willy World in Joliet, IL.

They are a Yamaha/Honda/Suzuki/Kawasaki dealer. The service manager's name is Craig.

I got the usual call from Kawasaki Corporate asking about my experience with the dealership, and I also sent a note through the dealerships website informing them of what I considered excellent customer service.

John
IBA# 45862
MTF Tourers Assistant

Offline Conrad

« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2012, 06:40:39 AM »
The dealer is Willy World in Joliet, IL.

They are a Yamaha/Honda/Suzuki/Kawasaki dealer. The service manager's name is Craig.

I got the usual call from Kawasaki Corporate asking about my experience with the dealership, and I also sent a note through the dealerships website informing them of what I considered excellent customer service.

John

Thanks for the report on Willy World John. Periodically I get e-mail from them and I wondered if they were any good.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline 4cedars

« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2012, 03:02:40 PM »
The dealer I originally bought the Connie from in Merrillville, IN gave me the run around on getting the service I felt I should have especially being it was a warranty issue and the second time around for that final drive unit. When they told me to get it to them ASAP and they would get on it as soon as they get it, then not even looking at it over the next 4 days, did not sit well with me at all. The "does not play well with others" came out in a bad way  ;D

I made the 130 mile round trip and picked up the unit then done a little research, ruled out 1 Dealer not far from me because of the appearance of their "service" area. Ended up calling and talking with the service manager at Willy World telling him the situation I was in and asked if he would be interested in my business and also asked if he was capable of being honest and straight forward with me knowing that there may be times it was not what I wanted to hear. His reply was get it up here and I will have it ready for you by weeks end. By weeks end I had the replacement unit on the way to me. Can't ask for anymore than that  :)

John
IBA# 45862
MTF Tourers Assistant

Offline Conrad

« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2012, 04:26:43 AM »
 :thumbs:
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Awaz

• Arena
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2012, 04:01:18 PM »
Awesome! Joilet is a bit from where I live, but not that far in grand scheme of things! Maybe I will visit them for my services. I am not quite sure of the dealer in Springfield, IL. They mostly have cruisers and lots of 4 wheelers.
2016 Ducati Scrambler
2008 C14

Offline Cheesecake

« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2012, 06:00:17 PM »
The dealer I originally bought the Connie from in Merrillville, IN gave me the run around on getting the service I felt I should have especially being it was a warranty issue and the second time around for that final drive unit. When they told me to get it to them ASAP and they would get on it as soon as they get it, then not even looking at it over the next 4 days, did not sit well with me at all. The "does not play well with others" came out in a bad way  ;D
I had the same experience but waited for TWO MONTHS before I demanded the bike back. Got caught between the goons at the Kawa dealer and the goons at Kawa USA in California. Both vilified the other, yet neither wanted to help me. Kawa USA guys told me angrily, that the dealer mechanics said nothing was wrong. The dealer mechs were horrible and said Kawa USA would not approve repairing the rear drive. They closed up the stealership later that year.
2008 C-14