Author Topic: Bridgestone T30 GT 190-55  (Read 10521 times)

Offline C14lvr

Re: Bridgestone T30 GT 190-55
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2016, 10:19:51 AM »
Hi Nicole,

I read a lot of reports about the 3's, but haven't tried them myself yet.
I've heard they're good rain tires, but most that have tried them told me they weren't much better, otherwise, than the 2's, and a lot of folks experienced weird cupping from the fronts.
They're not much cheaper than the 4's or 4GT's right now, either. So price was a big factor for me in the decision.

I have run several sets of 2's, in all kinds of road and weather conditions, including lots of rain.
2's don't have the sipes, but they work just as well in the rain for me. I've never had any moments where I felt hydroplaning, or loss of road feel with them.

They're great tires, longest lasting I've experienced on a C14 so far.

It was all about bang for the buck. I just couldn't get as good a deal on the 3's.
If their price were to come down, I'd definitely try them.

The "GT" term only applies to the PR4GT's, as far as I know. Prior to the 4's, they've only been known as the 3's or 2's. I'm still trying to get the difference between the 4 and the 4GT straight!
(So far, I don't think even Michelin can explain why the GT's are supposed to be the "better" tire for our bikes over the 4's.)
Bob
2011 C14 ABS black w/red/yellow, B.D.F lofuel W.E.,SSD h/g's,
2" setback risers, Phil's wedges/rear rack,K Gel-seat, Rostra CC, AST tourpegs, techspec, 2"droppegs, 4"droppass pegs, Fuzeblock,  7"Garmin, fenda ext, LED tag plate, Ip5S Ram mt, TMeister, Mirror LED t/s, Bestem TBox, CB HDUT w/s, TRex front/CC bag, Wolo Badboy, Tailbrights, Scala G9X, Scorpion EXO1200 Jag, PR4GT's55's, 55W Qz Dr

sailor_chic

Re: Bridgestone T30 GT 190-55
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2016, 10:25:13 AM »
Good info, thanks Bob.