Author Topic: Quick TPMS question.  (Read 10527 times)

Offline Makz58

Re: Quick TPMS question.
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2015, 08:19:38 PM »
I am wondering for those of you who have changed your TPMs batteries did you replace the rubber grommet or seal on the valve stem or did you re-use as is. The service manual does not reference this that I can see. Did a search but could not find anything specific on the stem seal.
When arguing with an idiot make sure he isn't.
C-14 2010

Offline 2talltim

• 2008 C14
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2015, 06:39:16 AM »
I am wondering for those of you who have changed your TPMs batteries did you replace the rubber grommet or seal on the valve stem or did you re-use as is. The service manual does not reference this that I can see. Did a search but could not find anything specific on the stem seal.

i personally just reused the old seal, no problems with leaks yet.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2015, 04:16:30 AM »
+1
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2015, 10:06:59 AM »
Been re- using them since '07 now with no issues.

I <believe> the seal comes with a new valve stem and so is available without buying a new sensor but it is still pretty stingy at around $50 for the stem (which does not include a new valve stem cap- hey, they can not be giving the whole world away.... ).

Brian

Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline Makz58

« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2015, 06:14:54 PM »
Thanks for the info guy's.
When arguing with an idiot make sure he isn't.
C-14 2010