Riding > It's not a Concours - other Bikes

Review of Indian RoadMaster after owning for 6 years...

<< < (4/4)

Boomer:
Yet another argument for legalising lane-splitting. You rarely end up at the back of a queue of traffic waiting to be hit by the phone-fondling idiot. Whenever I am at the back of a queue, I pulse my brake lights deliberately until I see that the approaching car is slowing. Even then I don't relax even a little until I have several stationary cars behind me.
One of the other problems with "skilled experienced riders" is that they get over confident and relax. Personally, I never ever stop scanning for the next threat, and there are plenty of them. Paranoia is a requirement 100% of the time. Every time I have had a crash it has been because I assumed that another road user knew what they were doing, and that was MY mistake!!
Most drivers are blind/deaf/distracted/incompetent/uncaring or just plain homicidal.

VirginiaJim:
I do exactly that, Boomer.  I have an admore light on the back.  It doesn't pulse all the time but I keep squeezing the brake on and off until I get a bit of protection.  Will also put the hazards on until I have a car buffer behind me.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version