Author Topic: sargent seat  (Read 1157 times)

Offline hank

sargent seat
« on: March 22, 2018, 01:25:49 PM »
Standard or low?? cant make up my mind anyone have any thoughts ?

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
Re: sargent seat
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2018, 02:48:39 PM »
You'll lose cushion to lose some height. What do you need most?

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2018, 02:58:00 PM »
Simple:

Low:  Do you need low because your legs are not long enough or not?  If not, then do not get low because it is harder.  If you need low, then get low because it is lower.

Pod:  Will you ever ride with a passenger?  If so, then don't get the pod.  If not, then get the pod because it is great storage and looks neat.

Heated:  Do you ride in cold weather and does your butt get cold?  If so, get heated.  If not, don't.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline hank

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2018, 05:10:07 PM »
I like sitting lower and the look of the low seat better, but I am 6'4 280lbs so probably the regular seat will be better on my legs not to get cramped etc and the extra cushion wouldn't hurt either :)

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2018, 05:14:43 PM »
I like sitting lower and the look of the low seat better, but I am 6'4 280lbs so probably the regular seat will be better on my legs not to get cramped etc and the extra cushion wouldn't hurt either :)

There ya go!
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline katata1100

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2018, 09:04:54 AM »
There’s not much cushion in even the regular. It’s not as bad as the Corbin , it’s not like a Buick. I have had mine for six years and it’s good for long trips. I tried the sergeant low seat and it felt like a piece of vinyl covered steel- that’s how little padding it had.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2018, 03:28:01 PM »
There’s not much cushion in even the regular. It’s not as bad as the Corbin , it’s not like a Buick. I have had mine for six years and it’s good for long trips. I tried the sergeant low seat and it felt like a piece of vinyl covered steel- that’s how little padding it had.

It is pretty hard.  Nice seat but not cushy.  That is why I do not recommend the low version unless it is really necessary.