Author Topic: city lights  (Read 32036 times)

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
Re: city lights
« Reply #80 on: June 16, 2016, 09:07:39 PM »
City lights small.  Headlights big.  Me like big.

Every little bit counts!
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline datsaxman@hotmail.com

• Arena
« Reply #81 on: June 24, 2017, 09:26:25 PM »
I'm thinking that a load resistor won't help in this case.    ;)

It occurs to me that a load resistor in parallel (this example) will REDUCE the system resistance.  It should be in series, as the goal is to increase the resistance  Incandescents have more resistance than LEDs, and the load resistor is adding that missing resistance.

Yes, I know this is an old thread.  But it linked to recently.

dat
sax
man
2008 ZG14X...ZX14 throttle bodies, full AreaP exhaust, heated grips, Corbin, and more...
161.5RWHP on the dyno
Formerly Silverdammit!

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #82 on: June 24, 2017, 09:34:46 PM »
All that resistor in that schematic would so is to serve to create another current path, thereby converting some of the bike's current into heat. No effect on the city lights. It will serve to increase the chaos in the universe but what is the point of that, really?

Unless I am missing something.??

Brian

It occurs to me that a load resistor in parallel (this example) will REDUCE the system resistance.  It should be in series, as the goal is to increase the resistance  Incandescents have more resistance than LEDs, and the load resistor is adding that missing resistance.

Yes, I know this is an old thread.  But it linked to recently.

dat
sax
man
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #83 on: June 24, 2017, 10:30:19 PM »
There is no need for a load resistor anywhere on the C14 unless we are talking about replacing the turn signals with LED bulbs and WITHOUT replacing the flasher unit/relay with a solid state one (which is far, far easier and better in every way).

The diagram is definitely not about city lights.  And not really about turn signals either.  It looks like it is trying to be a combination replacement turn signal bulb/brake light/tail light thing for a single bulb.  I don't see an application for that on the C14, unless I, too, am missing something.  We already have an LED brake light, and it would be illegal to turn a yellow rear turn signal into a tail/running and/or brake light (unless also changing it to red... but that would lower the effectiveness of the turn signal, which being yellow is far superior to red).  Unless it is one of those new/fancy/coolness color-changing bulbs.  Hmm...  which just brings one back to just replacing the flasher unit with a solid-state one :)
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline 556ALPHA

• 2009 Candy Diamond Red
« Reply #84 on: June 25, 2017, 12:26:44 PM »
Max, got the yellow LED's in. Nice change. Thanks.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #85 on: June 25, 2017, 04:18:01 PM »
Max, got the yellow LED's in. Nice change. Thanks.

:finger_fing11: